Finished Editing An Abyss for the Ashes!
It was a LOOOONG time coming but I’ve completed the edits on An Abyss for the Ashes: Book 2 in the Aeonlith Chronicles! There’s still proofreading to be done but the story is effectively in the bag now with only minor word revisions needing to be done. Of course, there’s also still formatting the manuscript for ebook and print, as well, and writing up the appendix. But I’m calling it done.
The book has come in at 114,527 words which is substantially longer than A Veil for the Vanguard.which was 81,512 words long… so it’s a good 28% more words. I swear I didn’t plan on it being that long.
Not to be outdone, work on An Overture for the Odyssey is also steadily proceeding. A little more than 1/3rd the way through the editing process on the novella and I think that one could be done by the middle of November. I’ve also mostly finished the cover art for it but it still needs a few tweaks.
What MIGHT slow down some editing on the novella is that I want to put in a ton of writing for book 3 of the Aeonlith Chronicles. I started writing it a while ago but trying to edit book 2 while writing the prequel novella AND the third book proved to be too much for me to handle. It looks like I can’t seem to work on more than 2 books at a time. I am hoping to finish up writing the first draft for book 3 by the beginning of next year depending on how much of it I can finish during NaNoWriMo.
All in all, I think this is a fantastic update! Here’s this week’s numbers:
I just completed the Editing phase of An Abyss for the Ashes! Now onto Proofing!
I just made progress on An Overture for the Odyssey! So far I’m 36% complete on the Second Edit Pass phase.